Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shit Mom

Today was my first day back to work -- and I feel bad that she just got here and I abandoned her.

Ok -- Ok -- not abandoned-- I mean -- I spent tons of time by myself at that age -- but she hasn't had any time to make friends yet.

I gave her all my numbers and instructions on how to call if there's a fire....and left her to her own devices

Work was insane

hardly a minute to think about Miss M

I got home and she was fine

no fire

also -- the chicken I hoped to make for dinner was still frozen

shit

Off to Sonny Bryan's

She claims to like BBQ -- we'll see if she ever asks for it again (that will be the test)

However, I have worked to correct my shit Mom status

Tomorrow -- she will be picked up by one of the other exchange student's mom -- and Friday

drumroll

there will be

a

sleepover

here

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't planned a sleepover since the 80's -- think I should buy a bunch of blue eyeshadow

you can never have too much blue eyeshadow.

2 comments:

  1. You just need the following items:
    -laptop
    -snacks (I like popcorn, doritos, and brownies)
    -dvd player
    -classic movies (Heathers, Adventures in Babysitting, 16 Candles)
    -pillows

    aww, I wish I was having a sleepover. You're going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- what will a Korean and a Mongolian girl make of Heathers

    Otherwise we're set!

    thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete