Monday, August 16, 2010

Registration and a mostly fruitless search

I have to say that our school counselor is the best -- sweet -- patient -- kind -- and seems to really understand that we have NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE DOING

Miss M and I got out of the house eventually -- I'm not quite sure what goes on in that bathroom -- but it involves going in and out of the room several times and running the bathtub at least twice --

and none of this involves washing hair

She is very clean -- I'm not complaining!

I finally said -- we're leaving in 15 minutes -- eat some breakfast and she started moving in light speed.

Finally out the door -- about 1/2 an hour later than I hoped we headed to the school for registration. In spite of taking to 100's of parents in the past few weeks they remembered us and helped us to fill out all the forms and gave us a class schedule

Miss M got all her classes! -- Although I know she was hoping for some sort of remedial math class instead of Algebra II -- and she spoke very clearly when she said "May I take Chemistry" when he offered her Physics

Good Girl

I hated physics too.

And shoot -- I can't count on Curt to come help with homework nightly!

She's also taking Dance, Art and Spanish

This should be a fun year

We headed next to the bank and were helped by a very nice man who explained all the options (which aren't very many for a minor)

We shopped for a phone -- but Miss M wanted to check with a friend to see what sort of phone she got -- We'll go back in a day or two to take care of the phone issue

Then -- we had to tackle the shorts issue

Miss M's shorts are Waaaay too short

Waaay

I mean

damn.

So we called my friend Amy at lunch (my fashion consultant) who told me we should go to the Gap and Old Navy

off to the Town Square Mall

It's great to be with someone who wants to take a picture of everything -- it's all a huge adventure

too bad it's 102 degrees outside -- OK I'm sure I exaggerate -- but it's really really hot

At least 97

It hits you like a hot wet blanket whacking you in the face everytime you get out of the car.

You would think you could buy a pair of shorts here in August

Fall Clothes

seriously?

Fall?

It's AUGUST

and we live on the surface of the sun.

We finally got one pair of shorts that she can wear to school and a very cute pair of jeans --

BTW -- my impression that Miss M would never express a personal opinion was completely flawed

She is MOST DEFINITE when she doesn't like something -- I showed her a pair of dark green cargo shorts and was told she didn't like them -- very clearly

picky

(OMG -- It's 15!)

She's a 00 to a 0 --and we had a little spat because she tried on some jeans that were 00 and she said they were too small -- so I got a pair of 0's to try on -- she came out -- they were cute -- and we took them up to the counter

When we got there I saw that she picked up the 00's

So we had our first -- "Yes they are the ones", "No, they're not the ones" argument

I made her go try them on again

She ended up with the 00's

I'm proud that I gave her our first eye-rolling moment

Mission accomplished -- just like a real MOM!!

Tour of the school tonight at 6 -- 1 hour from now -- I guess I better give her the 1 hour warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment