Tuesday, August 24, 2010

American Name

Miss M has chosen an American name!

Her Mongolian name is very difficult for Americans to say -- and she has decided that she is now just Em or Emily.

This will make it easier for her at school with her teachers and her classmates -- and it's a big step up for her to assimilate.

Also - implementation of the rules is today -- she's monitoring her internet time and it breaking her one hour up into smaller pieces -- very smart.

She's highly motivated to get that internet time so I think that she will join the club and do what she has to do to get that Internet time back

Whatever it takes to get her with the program.

I even have her out watching TV with me tonight -- again -- a big victory -- she's not hiding away!!!!

School went OK today -- she found all her classes and she got her new schedule -- and she has declared (most) of her teachers to be nice. We'll see how it goes when they are actually giving her assignments.

So far

no books

no homework

maybe tomrrow.

Em and I are hanging out -- and I am very

very

very

happy.

BTW -- learning the Mongolian words is going to be very very hard! I cannot write them phoenetically -- as there are sounds that do not exist in English -- but it's making us laugh and laugh and laugh

G

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a conversation with a scholar in the research library where I used to work.
    He was trying to help me untangle some Russian grammar, so he wrote it out. I said I was having a little trouble deciphering his Cyrillic.
    His reply?
    "You think that's bad? You should see my Mongolian!"

    (If I didn't know his area of study, I might have suspected a come-on.
    Sadly, no...)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete