Monday, August 23, 2010

Big improvement!

Ok -- as you'll remember -- I failed to follow the advice of the exchange student people and discuss rules from day one

but I've made a recovery!!!!

Oh -- wait! -- here's some funniness from this morning first...

I made a huge breakfast for the managers at work today -- Breakfast burritos for all -- 3# of bacon -- 2 dozen eggs -- and 2 dozen homemade muffins

I'm a nice HR manager sometimes....

I set off the smoke alarm and asked Miss M to open the doors to vent out the smoke. I told her to get some eggs and bacon and (I kid you not)

she had 9 slices of bacon

I made her put some back -- Jeez - that kid can EAT!

While we were sitting there we noticed a HUGE spider on the rug -- about the side of a coaster

DANG -- never a man around when you need him - after some girly squealing (her) and the untimely death of the spider via flip flop (I think it was only stunned) -- I chucked it in the yard

I'm never sleeping again-- maybe I'll remarry -- just for THAT!

**********************

After dinner -- we sat down with some paper-- we each wrote out the rules as we decided them.

Curfew
Dating
School work
School activities

but one tough one remained -- INTERNET

She learned a new word today - NEGOTIATE

I offered 1 hour of social internet per day

But we settled on 2 -- IF -- she has all her homework done - AND she joins a social club at school

DEAL!

We even shook on it.

I'm very pleased -- and feel like we have a new start!

PS
We added one rule at the end that she loved -- EVERY DAY - I must learn one Mongolian word -- and she may test me on them

I'm very excited -- SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment