Saturday, February 4, 2012

WTF is going on with her?

So

I know that people who've known me for years are a bit shocked

shocked that I'm interested in anything
other than painting

or being a wise ass in general

where did all this come from?

It's been building up for some time

I have found myself getting frustrated
no

angry
about how things are going in my country

at the same time

I've had some new experiences
that have made me realize

that even though I am one woman alone

that

every person who ever made a difference

was just one woman
or one man

and this is what I think gets in our way
makes us complacent

is the idea that we're not important
that what we believe isn't important

that no one is listening
that what we can do is so small
that no one will care.

but you know what?

it's not true

because here you are

listening.

are you buying into it?

maybe
maybe not

but you're listening.

and that's why I'm doing it

someone has to say

stop
enough
no more

someone has to say that protecting
our liberty is important

that men and women who
fought for rights

didn't fight in vain

sometimes you have to protect what you value

so

think you don't have anything to say
that you can't make a difference?

well -- I'll tell you -- you don't have to change the world

you just have to reach out
and change one mind

Come blog with us about reproductive rights on 2/15 -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment