Sunday, February 12, 2012

We all have medical rights

One of the things that this accommodation Obama made for the Catholic Church has me thinking about is one of the rules for adoption here in Tx

If I had a religious belief that required that I shun medical intervention for my child

I would be prohibited from adopting.

Yup

they would discriminate against me
and my sincerely held belief
that medical care is an abomination
in the eyes of the Lord

they would violate my religious rights

why?

because the rights of the child
are more important

that the child has a right to medical care

the fine state of Texas recognizes
that a child has a right to medical care
no matter what the parent's religious beliefs are

interesting

and yet

we will make a decision
that the rights of the Church
outweigh
the right to have equal access to medical care


Now is not the time for polite complacency...it's the time to speak up
blog with us on 2/15

No comments:

Post a Comment