Friday, February 10, 2012

Thwarting God's Plan

So -- what I understand is that the issue is around thwarting God's plan
 
birth control that is....
 
now when man was created -- the world was a different place
people died young
babies often didn't make it
women died in childbirth
 
having a large number of children made sense.
 
but thanks to modern medicine
we have beat a great many diseases
we've discovered vaccines
and antibiotics
 
we've learned about the dangers of germs
 
Do we not thwart God's plan every time we intervene medically?
 
every time we do surgery
every time we give a blood transfusion
or use a defibrillator?
 
do we not thwart his will when we vaccinate our children
or when we get infertility treatments?
 
isn't all of modern medicine an abomination?
 
Was it not God's will that I die as a baby
when I stopped breathing
before my Mom got me started again
 
or later in life -- should I not have died from a childhood disease
or should I not be crippled from my broken foot
 
Isn't it God's will that I remain childless?
Is my adoption thwarting his plan for me?
 
All of these things that we have done in modern medicine
has created a world where people live long prosperous healthy lives
 
far beyond God's plan for them.
 
and far beyond the plan for our Earth
 
Our bodies were designed to pump child after child into this world
to replenish the supply
killed young by disease and war and injury
 
we have already thwarted God's will
 
so I ask you
 
how is birth control
any different from any other medical intervention?

No comments:

Post a Comment