Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vacation -- Best laid plans

The long awaited vacation is finally here --

Yesterday -- the big plan (Plan A) was leave work at 5 -- go home -- do some laundry --pack -- get to bed early -- go to Denver

About 10 -- I got a pleasant surprise -- my friend Donna called to say "Hey -- I'm coming to Dallas -- what are you doing this weekend?" uh -- "I'm going to Denver -- but I'm free tonight"

Donna and I decided to meet in Richardson (easy for her to find) have some dinner and hang out in Cottonwood Park.

Plan B -- leave work at 5 -- go home -- throw in a load -- drive to Richardson -- dinner with Donna -- drive back to Irving -- do more laundry -- pack -- get to bed at a reasonable hour -- go to Denver.

When I was almost to Richardson -- I texted Donna "I'm almost there -- where are you?" -- her response -- "In Waco" -- traffic was terrible.

Plan C -- leave work at 5 -- go home -- throw in a load -- drive to Richardson -- drive back to Irving -- do more laundry -- meet Donna and hang out --finish the laundry -- pack -- get to bed eventually -- go to Denver

Donna got here at about 7:45 -- and we decided to go hang out on the patio......as we stepped out -- I slide the door shut....

....and watch the security bar fall -- and lock us outside on the balcony

!!!!!!

Plan D -- leave work at 5 -- go home -- throw in a load -- drive to Richardson -- drive back to Irving -- do more laundry -- meet Donna -- get locked out on the balcony -- evaluate escape route (down won't work -- railing too wobbly) -- call maintenance -- no answer -- find some wire and try to force it between the doors, hook the bar and force it open (Donna=McGyver) -- nope -- call Amy (AH! AMY!!!!) -- no answer -- DAMN! -- text Amy "Locked out on Balcony -- HELP" -- call Amy again -- wait for Amy (ThankyouthanyouthankyouthankyouAmy!) -- text Curt -- (really Curt -- laughing at my pain ????) -- visit with Donna -- blow off laundry -- pack -- get to sleep very very late -- go to Denver.

Next time --I'm sticking with Plan A

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, I love the smell of Schadenfreude in the evening...

    ReplyDelete