Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 3 - I could take a bath in that stuff

Don't worry -- a much shorter blog for Day 3

  • picked up the rental car -- it's sort of a standard -- but with an automatic clutch -- so like standard for morons. Sort of irritating.
  • tootled around -- looking for a nail place
  • Worst pedicure ever -- the massage felt like someone was gently rubbing raw squid all over my feet -- you get what you pay for.
  • lunch at Park Burger (yes -- that was the name of the place we went on Saturday) -- just awesome. You can tell they're just open -- they're still trying to learn the menu themselves -- so my burger came out med rare (which isn't one of their choices) -which is my favorite. Sweet potato fries and an IBC rootbeer -- I hate to say it -- but I bet I go back one more time before I leave.
  • walk -- make that RAN to my car in the rain -- white T-shirt + rain =an interesting show
  • read my book in the sunshine (weather's fickle here -- rain one minute -- sun the next)
  • Michaels -- I decided to make some wine charms as a Thank you -- (Thanks Lisa for teaching me how!) -- so I got to visit the Colo Blvd store -- -(good service -- way to go Co Blvd!)
  • Back home -- Jill had errands to run -- off to the bank together and Kinkos -- then back home because the Fed-ex labels pre-printed where priority (yikes $128!) -- back to Kinkos -- then off to the store
Jay made Chicken in Piri-Piri sauce (When I die -- I want to be laid out and have piri-piri sauce poured all over me -- if that doesn't bring me back -- nothing will!) -- It seemed to be red pepper, onion, lemon, orange peel, serano peppers, salt, pepper and oil -- just amazing --

Another fine day

G

2 comments:

  1. I thought we had discussed the Cannibulemic thing... I don't care what sauce you're basting in!

    Oh.

    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete