Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Eye Doctor

I go to the cutest eye doctor

If I leaned that direction that is-- she's adorable -- and just the right size to pop in your pocket.

I actually enjoy the whole experience -- I imagine because as a kid Dr. Engeberg was always so cool. During college (when I didn't wear glasses) he would see me walking down the street and would sometimes drag me in for a free glaucoma test (runs in the family)

He made a ton of money off the rest of the family -- so he gave me a free exam here and there -- perhaps because he knew it was inevitable that I would eventually be a patient.

Anyway -- back to Dr Adorable

I love the whole thing.

I love the test where you look at the square and hit the button every time you see a flash -- SURE we're checking for macular degeneration -- but it FEELS like a video game.

I love being able to tell her if number 1 or number 2 is clearer -- she seems pleased --as if I'm giving her the right answer and should be proud.

and I love it when I find out that the blurry number 1 is my current Rx - and clear number 2 is how I will NOW see the world.

Now -- it's the waiting game -- HURRY new glasses -- HURRY!

1 comment: