Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lover Boy is Back

Deep sigh.

I love the Cottonwood Art Festival. It's usually the first weekend in May -- and it rains every frickin time.

every time.

But I just love it.

I love to walk around on the damp trampled grass and be inspired by the work of others. If you've never been -- it's in Richardson May 1 -- bring an umbrella.

Last year I had been talking to a guy who later became known as 'lover boy' and I send him a text that I was at the Festival -- he said he was a few blocks away and we met for the first time at Cottonwood.

It was a really nice first date

Who am I fooling.

It was the best first date of all time.

We held hands and strolled through the park -- we talked about art -- we laughed -- we eventually went to sit on the swings

It started to rain harder and he started to walk me to my car -- we had to run to escape the downpour.

We were both soaked

and we shared a romantic kiss in the pouring rain -- oblivious to the rain around us and other people scurrying to their cars

a great date

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

so -- nice guy

but his life was a complete disaster.

no thanks

I've done the disaster-thing -- there's nothing for me like a man who has his shit-together.

So -- I broke things off.

and he hung on

and on

there were endless phone calls --

followed by too many attempts to make it work.

I thought I had shaken him loose.

I mentioned the perfect date in passing to my friend Amy on Sunday

seriously -- is there a bug?

After 6 months -- another contact from him.

gaaaaahhhhh!

No offense Loverboy -- I'm not all that great of a catch -- MOVE ON!

2 comments:

  1. I have Goat Man.
    Wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's trade -- at least that way neither one of us would bump into our -- what are they -- baggage?

    ReplyDelete