Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bloggers United for Human Rights -- Feb 15 event

It's been an interesting few weeks -- We've seen the Girl Scouts singled out for supporting Planned Parenthood and Pro-Life groups encouraging people to stop supporting the scouts in response

And most recently -- we see that the Susan G Komen Foundation pulling funding from Planned Parenthood endangering programs that provide free and low cost mammograms to women in need....all due to political pressure.

I ask myself -- why is this happening?

Is it because the majority of American society is following the religious right agenda?

no.

I don't believe it.

I believe that most Americans are somewhere in the middle -- like me.

but here's the problem with us.

We're not organized.
We're not vocal.

We're not passionate about defending rights
about being heard
about saying to the Susan G. Komen foundation -- "we will pull OUR support of your organization if you bend to the will of fundamentalists just because they are noisy"

so -- what can I do?

I'm one voice.

ah

I can reach out to all of you.

my fellow bloggers

and say -- Let's focus our efforts.

Let's not talk about recipes
or news about our kids
or our craft projects

or whatever else we normally blog about

let's talk about women's reproductive rights

all at the same time

February 15th

meet me here -- to share your views on your blog

it's Susan B Anthony's birthday -- let's show her we know how it's done -- let's join our voices

and show them how loud we can be.

Facebook event page

No comments:

Post a Comment