Sunday, September 5, 2010

Adventures

The girls got up early -- about 8:30 -- now that they're on school schedules -- it feels like sleeping in.

At 10:30 -- they were eating sandwiches -- I scolded a bit - "We're going to KoMart for LUNCH"

"When" asked Em

"Noon"

"I can eat again"

Shit -- teenagers -- it's almost a little disgusting.

My Mom assures me that at this age they're either eating all the time - or nothing at all --

So Let's see -- at this point in the day Em has eaten: A banana, a small orange, some left over popcorn, two swiss roll cakes and a roast beef sandwich.

We pack up and head out to pick up Amy in Irving

Miss M and Miss J think that everything here is very far -- when I declare that Amy lives only 27 miles away -- they look at me like I'm insane.

We picked up Amy and headed to KoMart

KoMart is this big Korean grocery store where you can buy anything at the grocery store, buy electronics, shoes and sit down and have lunch.

I picked up a hand basket that was almost instantly full of all the things that Miss J misses from home -- Miss M found her beloved "Choco-pies" and was blissful

I was asked, "When will we come again?" -

"Not for quite some time -- it's far"

and 2 more choco pie boxes were in my basket (now replaced with a cart)

We had a lovely Korean-Korean food lunch -- where I was grateful that I had the "if its orange it's hot" guideline -- and headed to the next adventure.

The Mall

We went to Southlake -- one of those Malls that looks like a town -- but is really just a big shopping mall and set the girls loose with the instructions, "do not leave the boundaries of the map (Yes -- this mall has a MAP) and meet us at THIS starbucks at 5"

They were stunned and pleased with the unexpected freedom -- and ran off in the direction of Victoria's Secret

Amy and I wandered around looking at things -- ate some Toll House Cookies and found ourselves at Barnes and Noble

At 4:45 -- I got a call from Miss J -- wanting to know if I had said 5 or 6 ("Five" I assured her) -- amazing how 2 1/2 hours seemed decadent -- now it was too short.

They came back with Jamba Juice (Now the count includes another orange, a large Korean lunch of what I think was Kimchi soup, a choco-pie and a jamba juice)

We had chili for dinner -- and Miss M finally declared herself full -- and rounded off the evening watching a TIVOed So You Think You Can Dance

I think I might be the fun-mom

who would have thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment