Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sick

We're both home sick today

that happens sometimes -- I'm recovering from my surgery -- and the kiddo? She's got a terrible cold.

Being a first time Mom -- I don't know much about what the kiddo wants -- so I give her what I want instead.

To be left mostly alone -- followed by periods of being forced to eat or drink something -- I think I have everything I need to make some chicken soup (which she will hate -- she likes beef -- but I'm not going to the store for beef)

We had a conversation once about sick food -- she asked me what Americans eat -- I told her about chicken soup

I asked her what Mongolian's eat -- she said "black soup" -- which seems to be just horse meat, water, garlic and salt.

I'm fresh out of horse.

Being a Mongolian kid -- I think she responds well to the "let her stay in her cave and bully her into eating things approach" -- I think it matches her Mom's approach to things

God help me if I had someone who wanted pampering -- I don't think I'm that sort of Mom.

So our house will be quiet today -- this isn't all sunshine and puppies --sometimes it's coughing, and runny noses and kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment