Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am Thankful for Passive-Aggressive Emails

The following was in my inbox a few days ago:


Hi Guys,

The exchange students are supposed to have a Thanksgiving potluck and game night on Nov. 20. The are scheduled to host it, but I just found out that they are not hosting because they "have other plans". I'm wondering if you guys still want to have a get together, and if so, is there some place north where we can have it so it's closer for more people? would like to get together with the other students.

If you guys think it's too short of notice, or too close to Thanksgiving, or that we should just wait, no problem. Just wanted to get something in the works if we want to get together.

Happy Friday!


Ok the Backstory -- the Mom writing this hosted the Halloween party (we'll call her CAROL) -- you remember -- we're the only ones who showed up......

apparently the Joneses were planning to come as they live down the street from Carol -- but they called right at the last minute to say they weren't going to come because they "don't do Halloween"

Carol was pissed -- because they were originally hosting this party together and now there's some sort of falling out

plus -- they're all hyper religious -- so the "We don't do Halloween" is sort of a 'more-born-again-than-thou' slap in the face.

I didn't mention to Carol that I had a FB conversation with Mrs Jones early on that same day and knew for hours and hours that they weren't going

why throw gasoline on the fire.

so -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this email -- that was sent via our group to God and Everybody as my mom would say -- the 'quotemarks of derision" are awesome.

I can't believe I haven't been an exchange mom before - this is better than General Hospital.

pass the popcorn......

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! I'm liking "the quotemarks of derision"
    I may be forced to steal that...

    :-D

    ("propho")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks -- I'm rather fond of them as well

    G

    ReplyDelete