Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Leap

So we've been reviewing profiles of other students

and I've gone back and forth on adding another student

there are good reasons to do it.

there are good reasons not to do it.

but it comes down to -- "Am I on this adventure or am I not?"

I hate that I have been so risk-adverse for so much of my life.
I love the idea that I've been brave enough to do this

it's a huge blessing

and I know that stepping in to this again will also be a blessing

even if it's horrible
even if she's disruptive
or doesn't connect with us

this too will be a rich experience I can add to my life experiences.

This year will be one of the years that I will revisit over and over again in the future -- in my old age -- these are the children that will remember me.

or at least some of the children who will remember me.

So -- we liked the profile of a girl from Germany -- but she was gone by the time I got off the pot and made a decision.

So today - -they sent us 2 profiles of girls from Italy.

And we chose Camilla.

Camilla will be our new daughter
and our new sister

God willing

No comments:

Post a Comment