Friday, March 2, 2012

Rush to Attack

So we're all in a rush to attack Limbaugh

but being horrible isn't new to him

I can remember listening to Rush ages ago
calling us all Feminazis

afterall

he has to attract listeners somehow
since he isn't likely
to get strippers on his show
to allow him to motorboat them

Rush is no Howard Stern.

instead

he peddles hate.

and his listeners lap it up

which is not to say that if you like Rush that you're evil

but rather
that you're willing
to take in that filth
for entertainment.

and yes

it's filth

listening to Rush makes you insensitive
to the wrongness of his message

it makes it more normal
to dismiss a woman as a slut

as we listen to this poison
or watch it on Fox News

how can it not leach through our skin
and poison our hearts

how can it not
damage our souls

we are what we read
and what we watch
and what we listen to

it forms who we are
it forms how we see the world.

it changes us.

as I read so many
cursing his name
calling him all sort of horrible things

I think

no

it's not right
I will not stoop to his level

Will I boycott his show?

lol -- he will not miss me -- I am not a listener

but I can
never support any business that continues to support him

and remind them all

that we sluts
make 85% of the purchasing decisions in America

No comments:

Post a Comment