Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You shouldn't blog stoned

HA! -- THAT got your attention.

I'm pretty out of it -- I had to have some girl surgery this week (or surbery as I just typed) and did that this morning -- the best friend in the world Amy took me and is hanging out with me as I come back to my senses.

I needed to explain what was happening to Miss M last week.

I started off by saying that I needed to have some very minor surgery -- that they wouldn't cut me and I would only need to miss one maybe two days of work.

I started to draw a triangle with some balls on two of points and an opening at the bottom --

"this is a uterus"

She looked at me with teenage eyes

"I know what it is"

Sometimes I forget that she's not stupid -- she's just got a language barrier

She heard me out -- and asked if it would hurt -- I told her about as much as the worst period you've ever had.

She nodded and moved on.

So I had it this morning -- and other than feeling pretty out of it (I spent about 5 minutes trying to understand a cartoon sent to me by a friend -- it had 2 praying mantises having tea -- the first one said, "My husband keeps disagreeing with me" and the second one said, "Try and antacid, dear")

but otherwise I have every reason to think that I am going to have an outstanding outcome.

I expect Emma will fus over me tonight -- and you know what -- I think I'm going to let her.

ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment