Monday, March 7, 2011

The Spring Break Plan

Miss S, Miss M and I are going on Spring Break together! -- Yay!

Here's the plan -- brace yourselves -- because it's nuts

Friday -- School and Work as normal -- except that Miss M has a competition and performs at 8:50 (seriously -- 8:50PM) which means we cannot leave on our trip until Saturday morning. I'm not sure if Miss S's host parents can bring her Friday night -- so if not -- I'll go pick her up at 6pm and drive back here so we can pick up Miss M from her competition and then get back home by 11ish

Saturday -- Leave for NM -- no later than 6am. It's a bit over a 10 hour drive through the least lovely parts of TX -- but should still be fun since the thrill of the adventure will still be upon us.....the girls will likely sleep for much of it.

Saturday night I thought it would be fun to explore Old Town Albuquerque -- always a good time.

Sunday -- Sunday I thought we would sleep in a bit and then drive to Santa Fe for the day -- followed by returning to ABQ to sleep.

Monday -- Drive to Durango -- it's about 4 hours -- I've done that drive a 1000 times.....back when I lived in ABQ and my parents were in Durango -- it was a common occurance -- in fact-- it happened almost any time I had more than 2 days off. There is a rest stop with giant cement Teepees that I'm sure the girls will love

Tuesday -- Drive to Denver -- over wolf creek pass.... this should be the most scenic part of the trip. This drive takes about 8 hours -- I'm budgeting 10 or 11 -- just because there's so much to see.

Wednesday -- Hang out in Denver -- see the brother and SIL -- do Denver things (see this is where the plan gets all vague)

Thursday -- Leave Denver and drive to Cimarron -- 5 hours give or take -- in Cimarron? Visit the St James Hotel -- which is totally haunted.

Friday -- Visit Taos -- See Art -- hang out -- (We think the Taos pueblo is closed -- so that's a no-go) Get in the car around 7pm and drive until we can't drive no more. Clayton NM? maybe

Saturday -- return home -- about 8 hours

Sunday -- Rest - Take Miss S home.

So this weekend we did all sorts of "get ready for the trip" things -- we're excited and raring to go

I need to send Sabina a list of things to remember
I need to call my Dr to get an Rx filled
I need to clean out the car
I need to buy snacks for the trip

Oh - crap

I need to get off my butt and wake up Miss M -- it's only Monday -- must stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment